Friday, February 23, 2018

Quiet time............

I like a project to unwind with after a busy day.  Last night it was sorting scraps from a zippered bag.  I will be giving a crazy piecing workshop here in Sandwich IL on April 21 and I promised I would have scrap bags to sell.  I divided this bagful into 4 groups, itty bitty, short strips, long strips and not strips (odd shapes).  This is the group that was leftovers after cutting this log cabin quilt top.  On that post I talked about the backing but I ended up selling it as a top.


Here are the rest of the plaids and stripes that are lightweight (not flannel or heavier homespuns).  I know there are more scraps mixed in with the big pieces.  That sounds like another unwind project, looking through all of it.

4 comments:

patty a. said...

That bin has lots of good stuff in it! It will be fun to go thru and see what you have.

Mindy said...


You had mentioned in 2017 that you might be doing a trunk show at Fair City Quilters in April, as well. Are you still going to do that?

~Mindy

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have so many bags of donated scraps, all good fabric, that I have stashed under the longarm. The task to sort them seems insurmountable especially back from the hospital. Good to see you handle small amounts.

JJM said...

And now you are offering another class plus fabrics. I admire your energy always sharing your talents whether it is a class or this blog. And always working on several of your designs at the same time. You surely are an inspiration to all of us.

JJM